[Herky] Quick Hits: Fran McCaffery talks with media as summer workouts begin

kvoigts at wisemanengine.com kvoigts at wisemanengine.com
Fri Jun 4 14:19:47 PDT 2021

I’ve got to say it.  We have seen a lot of really good Iowa players hopeful in the draft, but rarely make it.  A 2nd round pick is a ticket to Europe.  A 6-6 guard is a great size, but the NFL is full of them and they are scary athletic.  Look at the playoffs and see how great these guys are.  I love Weezy, but he has a long road ahead.

Of course, who is to say he will be any more attractive next year?  Maybe it would give him time to concentrate on studies for a real job after his career is over.  But he may not grow that much athletically with another year.  That part is out of my salary grade.

Keith Voigts