[Herky] 40 Years Ago, Hawkeyes Were Celebrating Final Four Run

June Hauck jehauck at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 16 17:07:37 PDT 2020

Oh the memories.  I was in graduate school (library science).  We were watching the game in my apartment, and as soon as we made that last shot to propel us to the Final Four, my friends and I raced across campus to get in line at the Fieldhouse for tickets.  Students were pouring out of the dorms to celebrate.  It turned out I was extremely sick and couldn’t camp out in the line but I brought food to my friends and they were the 2nd group in line.  4 of us made the trip to Indianapolis and we had a great time even though the Hawks lost.  Our seats were right on the floor, I think where the band would have been if Iowa had sent their band.  What a time....

June H.