[Herky] Ferentz Knows Politics Will Be Part Of The Dialogue

Curtis Frazier cfrazier at ceoexpress.com
Mon Aug 3 07:31:16 PDT 2020

Dennis,

With all due respect, I think your assessment is harsh and a bot off the
mark.

Ferentz has a level of status based on his earned history, and has a strong
voive to Barta. Not at all unexpected, but no evidence of strong abuse.

As for beligerence, I cannot think of  a more calm and measured coach in
front of the press. Please look at Bo Pellini, Harbaugh, etc. to see
coaches who are aggressive in news conferences. Are you saying Ferentz is
that way in front of pressers?

As for control, I see what you are saying, but that was not a racial call
as much as a 'tea' call. I had to wear ties to matches and games in my day,
but that was for uniformity and team building. Bear Bryant and the old
guard started this, and I don't have a problem shelving it. If you think
about it, it is like a workplace - ties and jackets used to be required,
but that is giving way to a casual environment. Individuality was not an
issue there, but.....things change for some (but not all my company offices
still require a tie and jacket).

Fake news comment.....letting that one slide......

Brian Ferentz is an unknown entity for me - he is on shaky ground IMHO, and
I will not defend him.

Overall, it was a stench, but stenches should be allowed to be cleaned,
That is what they are doing - very visibly and transparent. I respect that.
Other programs may very well have to follow suit.

I am proud of these guys and how they shouldered the problems and
implemented plans to fix them. Seems a good contrast to other (B10)
programs who had challenges and went into spin/deny mode and still are.

Go Hawkeyes!