[Herky] O Line

Larry Edwards larryed6124 at knology.net
Sun Oct 27 07:35:32 PDT 2019

The interior of the offensive line is both inexperienced and has been decimated by injuries. The only upperclassmen are the Paulen twins, who never really developed as hoped. Landen Paulsen never played much before this year and now he is starting. He is backed by Cody Ince, a redshirt Freshman.

The center, Tyler Linderbaum, is a redshirt Freshman who was switched from the defensive line because there was no one else. He is backed by another redshirt Freshman, Jeff Jenkins.

The starter at the other guard, Sophomore Mark Kallenberger, is really an offensive tackle switched because of injuries and he is still learning the position. His backup for the Northwestern game was supposed to be true Freshman Justin Britt, but Britt did not play due to a concussion.

Unknown walk on redshirt Sophomore Kyler "Shooter" Schott started earlier but is out with injuries. Starting offensive guard Cole Banwart, perhaps the best and most experienced guard, is out with season ending surgery.

When Kirk Ferentz talks about the offensive line, he talks about poor communication and missed assignments. That is going to happen with new inexperienced players.

If Jackson and Wirfs leave for the NFL early, Iowa will have a similar experience problem at the tackles next year.