[Herky] Fran McCaffery Says He Has Not Had Contact with Arkansas

Jeff Napier jnapier111 at outlook.com
Fri Apr 5 04:19:25 PDT 2019

I will grant you Lute but the other two are definitely in the same zip as Fran.   I threw out  some of Fran's bad seasons (his first two in recovering from LIck and last year) and some of Tom's bad seasons (which were as bad as Fran's)  and then tried to figure out an adjusted average BT finish.  I adjusted it because a 5th place finish in 1989 would be like a 7th place finish now - both middle of the pack.   Their average finish is almost identical at 65% where 50% is middle of the pack and 100% is first place.  Raveling (also throwing out his bad year) would be under 50% but he was not at Iowa long enough to make a judgment one way or another. His record at USC does not make one think he would have done any better than Fran or Tom and probably worse.