[Herky] Hawkeyes go down

James Kusack kusack at cox.net
Sun Dec 3 08:21:09 PST 2017

Merging a couple of themes, one reason it’s been hard for me to maintain interest in basketball is because officiating seems so arbitrary.  It might be that the job of a referee is just impossible and it always has been humanly impossible but now replays and slow motion means we can see how bad it is.

The next question:  will it or can it ever get better?  Can technology be a tool to save basketball?

JMK

PS:  I hate the announcers too