[Herky] Disappointing

Jim Monahan jimmonahan8 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 09:16:53 PDT 2015

*"They will come"!  Just as the great Hawkeye State has hills and valleys,
so doth crowd assemblage factors.  North Texas may as well have been the
Sisters of Unholy Sobriety as far as name recognition and respectability
goes among even the most die-hard Iowa fans.*

*So many alternative and attractive ways to invest time on a marvelous
autumn Saturday in gorgeous mid-western America, despite the allure of the
epic venue known as the Kinnick experience.*

*All that is needed to instill due madhouse mayhem in the hearts and souls
of the peak number of dedicated fans learning to dance to the beat of Pete
Beathard (whew! was that sentence necessary?) is four to six more quarters
of kickass, Hawkeye smashmouth football against worthy Big 10 traditional
enemies.*

*So don't get down and give yourself an enema.  It is not enigmatic why
Iowa fans found themselves absent from Kinnick on a kinetic day in the
autumn sun.*

*Guess the spread against the Badgers?  My completely uninformed guess:
Wisky will be favored by 5 points.  Is there a trophy tradition for this
game?*
*Jim Monahan*