[Herky] Where Iowa football ranks statistically in the Big Ten after week one

John Lundell johnalundell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 18:40:43 PDT 2021

Interesting that if we don’t do well on offense it is our fault, no credit to the Indiana defense. But if Indiana doesn’t score, credit to our defense.

Everyone needs to remember this was the first game of the season! Need to get the rust off. We never show much on offense in the first game of the season. Typically it is against an inferior opponent and we don’t need to. The fact we quickly built up a big lead against a quality conference opponent was truly a blessing. Even playing against Indiana we didn’t have to show much on offense.

I agree that there is much to improve on. But just remember it was the first game and non-competitive for much of it. I’m expecting continual improvement in play calling and execution as we move through the remaining nonconference schedule.

Go Hawks,

John