[Herky] Wisky

Larry Edwards larryed6124 at knology.net
Fri Mar 12 11:29:14 PST 2021

I just don't want to see Brad Davidson ever again. I'm tired of dirty play.

But note the following from an article posted earlier today:

I guess the only other nit to pick ahead of this game is the “it’s hard to beat a team 3 times.” Well, Iowa won what was essentially a coin flip game (50.3% per KenPom) in Madison going away and the rematch in Iowa City (78.9%), which looked like a repeat of the first game while Joe Wieskamp was torching the nets before going down with an ankle injury. With the neutral site now factored in, it’s squarely 66% for Iowa, which does not mean much in the grand scheme of things but does provide a little more context to this, maybe:

https://twitter.com/hoopvision68/status/1102285710034432001?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1102285710034432001%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.blackheartgoldpants.com%2F2021%2F3%2F12%2F22326834%2Fiowa-hawkeyes-basketball-wisconsin-badgers-the-badgering-luka-garza-brad-davison-joe-wieskamp-bhgp

The team who is 2-0 is more likely to win the third game than not, because the data available to us shows they are the better team. If only we could test the opposite against Indiana...