[Herky] Final Indiana 67 Iowa 65

dvanlangen at verizon.net dvanlangen at verizon.net
Sun Feb 7 13:18:29 PST 2021

Strange game.

Iowa didn’t shoot well, but Indiana shot worse from outside the line, from the FT line, and overall.  But Iowa hit only 10 of 31 shots inside the line!  I counted three 2-footers that Nunge missed and I believe Murray missed a couple bunnies, as did Garza.  The Hoosiers had 15 offensive rebounds, leading to several more shot opportunities.  They also got to most of the 50-50 balls, out-hustling the Hawks at various times.

Coming into the game, Iowa averaged 20.3 assists a game, but had a grand total of 5 in this game!  Their offensive sets were discombobulated at times.  Toussaint played only 4 minutes – and he deserved it.  Seemed like he was still sleeping back at the hotel.

I believe there were 10 fouls not charged (on both sides), and another 10 fouls that should have been play-ons, or called on the opposition.

They had best be ready for Rutgers.

Dennis v.