[Herky] A look back 35 years later at Iowa’s historic victory over Michigan

Jayant Rajgopal jay.rajgopal at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 17:45:06 PDT 2020

One of my best memories of all time.
In Oct. 1985 I interviewed at Pitt for a faculty position, and knowing I
was at Iowa, half the people here wanted to only talk about football!  I am
certain that at least part of the reason I got the job was because the
Hawks were ranked No. 1 in the country at the time :-)
Unfortunately, I also remember that loss to tOSU that knocked us down - and
of course, that disgusting Rose Bowl blowout.

--
Jayant Rajgopal