[Herky] NCAA tournament canceled in response to coronavirus

dvanlangen at verizon.net dvanlangen at verizon.net
Thu Mar 12 18:41:19 PDT 2020

Well, many research scientists (yes, I believe in science), medical professionals, and researchers estimate an infection rate of about 30% in the US.  That means 100 million people will eventually be infected.  The mortality rate is 10 times higher than that for influenza B.  That translates to 1 million dead Americans, mostly those in our demographic.  Remember, we won’t have a vaccine until around the time spring football camp begins in year 2021.  And that’s optimistic.

I agree with everyone who made this decision, and hats off to Fran for also agreeing.

I would say I have discerning thought and a strong belief in professionals who know what they are talking about.  Not hysterical.

Dennis v.