[Herky] Final Illinois 78 Iowa 76

Larry Edwards larryed6124 at knology.net
Mon Mar 9 15:48:44 PDT 2020

Here is CJ Fredrick's explanation:
WATCH: CJ Fredrick not happy with Sunday's officiating
https://247sports.com/college/iowa/Article/CJ-Fredrick-Iowa-Hawkeyes-Illinois-Fighting-Illini-Kofi-Cockburn-Big-Ten-Tournament--144780507/

“I’ve been playing basketball a long time and I’ve never been guarded like that before," Fredrick said. "I don’t complain a lot, but I think I was fouled every possession."

"They were grabbing me the entire game. I couldn't get open and I was running off screens like crazy. I just felt like they weren't giving me a position to have some room. But I just got a little frustrated, extended my arms and I accepted that. Then he got up in my face after I didn't say anything. I'm not going to let someone come into my space and say something. I'm going to protect myself, so I said something back and got the technical."