[Herky] Isaiah Moss

Larry Edwards larryed6124 at knology.net
Sat Feb 22 16:18:59 PST 2020

The problem last year was that Iowa was more effective with Conner McCaffery playing point guard, allowing Bohannon to move without the ball, using screens to get open, especially at the end of games. Joe Wieskamp had come in as a Freshman and taken most of the minutes at the three.

This year Moss could have played the 3 in a four guard lineup with Wieskamp at the 4 and Conner playing the 1. That would have been stronger and deeper than playing a Freshman at the point. However, before the season, Moss realistically saw his minutes going down more even without Bohannon. Moss was playing against Fredrick in practice, knew how good he was, and that CJ would get a lot of minutes. (Practice reports last year said CJ consistently outplayed Isaiah.) Patrick McCaffery was coming in to compete at a wing and Patrick and Joe would perhaps play together some of the time. Arkansas, Isaiah's first transfer choice, looked like they would have major wing minutes available, before they recruited many more transfer wings. That caused Moss to switch to Kansas.