[Herky] Final Iowa 87 Northwestern 72

Jayant Rajgopal jay.rajgopal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 18:59:31 PST 2020

Nice win indeed!  I enjoyed watching NU lose to Pitt after leading the game
for 39:50 or so, but this was much more decisive.

I've watched Iowa basketball for about 40 years now. And Luka Garza (he
only scored 18 - what a disappointment!) is the best Hawkeye player I have
seen in all these years.  In fact, I'd go out on a limb and say he's
probably the best basketball player that Iowa has ever had.  Don Nelson,
Fred Brown and John Johnson were before my time, and I missed Ronnie Lester
by a year (and we can't really count Connie Hawkins and his one year at
Iowa...).
But I've seen Stokes, Lohaus, Marble, Armstrong, Earl, Street, Settles,
White - they were all wonderful players. Garza though, is on a totally
different plane!