[Herky] Final Minnesota 102 Iowa 95 OT

Stephen Somermeyer steve at somermeyer.com
Sat Dec 26 07:53:32 PST 2020

 - I tend to agree with the poor shooting - arguably our 3 best 3-pt shooters (Bohannon, Wieskamp, and Garza) went 4-19 last night.  - Looking at the box score I was pleasantly surprised the the Hawkeyes outrebounded Minny 55-38 including 27-11 on the offensive board.  - The refs had a tough night with very uneven foul calling throughout the game.  Garza is getting mauled every time he had the ball on the block and didn't get many calls.- Our free throw shooting continues to be a worry.- I have a perception that because of having such a veteran team, Fran and staff tend to give them more freedom to play rather than calling plays and defenses every time down the floor.  That may change and the players have to consider this loss a wake up.  How they're playing isn't getting it done.- Finally I thought that our late defense slackened off especially on their 2 hot shooters, Carr and Johnson.  - We may fall out of the top 10 with this loss.
Go Hawks!