[Herky] STILL WAY TOO EARLY TO ASSUME THIS IOWA TEAM IS ON THE VERGE OF BEING SPECIAL

SRINIVAS REDDY Chirra hawkeye_fan at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 29 18:15:31 PDT 2019

I am happy that we are 4-0 at this point in the season.
However, I do not get the feeling that we are anywhere close to a top-10 team.
Our 3rd year senior QB has been interception free but he still does not make those big plays under duress as frequently as is expected of him.  Him missing on long throws still rankles me.
Our WRs dropping not so easy balls frequently bothers me.
Our collective defense has been good.
AJE being double and triple teamed should have allowed others to really shine but it has not happened to the extent I expected against three overmatched opponents.
Next couple of games when AJE is probably defended one-on-one is when we will find out how good we are.