[Herky] MORE THAN 40 YEARS LATER, IOWA'S 12-10 VICTORY OVER IOWA STATE STILL EASY TO REMEMBER

Gwen McNatt Enokian gmcnhawkeye at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 17:05:04 PDT 2019

Nice!  I remember that game VERY well!  I was a junior at Iowa.  I was
scheduled to have nursing clinicals on that Saturday. I went to the dean to
complain about it and got it switched to Sunday!  The hype went on for
close to a year and that week before was unreal.  Moo U students and fans
came down to Iowa City to talk trash and vice versa.  In the student
section, dozens of the aluminum bleachers bent or broke due to the students
jumping up and down during the game.  Bump said he didn't care at all.
They left the score up on the board for at least part of the following
week.

I am not from Iowa and did not know much about the rivalry  but I soon
understood!

Go Hawks!

Gwen