[Herky] IOWA BASKETBALL ADDS TWO MORE COMMITMENTS TO THE 2020 CLASS WITH THE ADDITIONS OF KRIS AND KEEGAN MURRAY

Jeff Napier jnapier111 at outlook.com
Wed Oct 23 14:59:56 PDT 2019

Kenyon went on Hawkeye Report and posted this.

Before you all bash the Iowa Mens Basketball's 2020 recruiting class, why not ponder this. Am I proud that my boys will play at Iowa, ABSOLUTELY!! Did we as a family think people would question their commitment, YOU BET!! But if you haven't watch them play, or workout, or study, you might need to do that before you pass judgment on them and the class that isn't even completed.

How did Devyn Marble end up, Aaron White? As their Dad and coach, I would say that 6 months ago they would not be worthy of a B10 scholarship offer. But they took what Fran said to heart. They have both added 20+ lbs of muscle, increased their verticle jump by 3+ inches, will play at least 4 positions for their prep school team who will compete with the likes of IMG, Montverde and Prolific Prep during this season. They are still growing and could get another inch or so (Keegan 6'8 and Kris 6'7.5). So before you close the door on them, why not see what Fran sees in them. They are learning from Dan Pannagio (12 year NBA coach and World Champion with the Lakers). He is the basketball mind behind DME Sports Academy. I came to Iowa with all the accolades and people (myself included) would say I was a disappointment based on my "ranking". Only thing I had on them at this same age, was I was a more explosive athlete. They both shoot, handle and understand the game better than I did at 19 years old. If they can take what Fran and Billy Taylor say they need to work on before they get to campus to be able to contribute, they will do it. They have been underestimated and doubted for a long time, that has been their fuel. I appreciate all the comments that are posted in this message board. That passion is why I came to Iowa and have made it my home since 1992. God Bless and Go Hawks!!