[Herky] Half: Penn State 7 Iowa 6

Stephen Somermeyer steve at somermeyer.com
Mon Oct 14 07:14:08 PDT 2019

 The offense, particularly the interior line, isn't performing well at all.  The shanked punt and turnovers didn't help either.  Stanley is accumulating big career numbers but is apt to be remembered for coming up short in big games.
Looking around the Big Ten I would guess that Minny is the big surprise so far this year although Sparty's collapse has to be close.  After giving respect to Michigan's defense they gave up a bunch of points to Illinois Saturday.
Factoid:  The Badgers have 4 shutouts this year which has only been accomplished 4 times over the last 20 years over an entire season and Wisky has done it in 6 games.
Kim (Boiler grad) and I are heading to Iowa City for the game this weekend.  Hope to cross paths with other Herky members.
Go Hawks!Steve