[Herky] Fwd: Re: Final Iowa wins 79-72

Stephen Somermeyer steve at somermeyer.com
Fri Mar 22 13:08:00 PDT 2019

 I've got to admit that I was doom and gloom after the first 5 minutes or so but this team didn't give up and perhaps Cincy let up just a bit?  Lots of big plays by almost every player and a real team victory.  Garza was huge and the great 3-pt shooting carried the day.  Still would like to see Bohannon assert himself over the whole game - it seems that he is content to facilitate more than looking for his shot as well.  A bit worrisome that he missed 2 ft's down the stretch.
If they shoot this well Sunday they'll be in the game.
Just watched the gals narrowly miss being the first #2 seed to lose to a 15.  Think they were down with 2-2 1/2 min to go before pulling it out.
Go Hawks!!