[Herky] Illinois

Jeff Napier jnapier111 at outlook.com
Thu Mar 14 20:02:47 PDT 2019

Iowa up by 6 at half.  Iowa did a pretty good job of  responding every time Il made a run.  Garza no doing much. My observation on Garza. He used to take an 8-12 foot jumper all the time.  This opened up the fakes as the had to commit to defending that shot. He never takes that shot anymore. He always tries to drive and the defender know not to go for the fake. I wonder who he stopped shooting that shot.  What reminded me of this was when Kriener took a 10 footer and made it. Kriener is another who was really good in the 8-12 foot range and does not take it much.