[Herky] BOHANNON! Iowa wins in Overtime, 76-70 over Indiana

Stephen Somermeyer steve at somermeyer.com
Fri Feb 22 20:56:59 PST 2019

Jordan Bohannon has to be as clutch a player that the Hawkeyes have ever had!
Were at Pacer game so missed the first 10 minutes or so, listened to rest of first half on radio then got to watch the second half at home.  Had a bad feeling that the Hawkeyes had peaked 3-4 games ago and were falling into the familiar late-season swoon.  Bohannon just won't let this team fail and the rest of the team seems to have the same belief.
Here in Indiana heat is really building for IU coach Archie Miller for under achieving this season and 'wasting' Romeo's talent.   Archie was borderline out-of-control tonight - thought that the refs were really lenient with him as he was in their face many times.  It's not often that Coach Fran is the more composed coach on the sidelines in a tight game (grin).
 I think that one could argue that Indiana has the better athletes than Iowa.  What a difference a year makes - last year the Hawkeyes were the Hoosiers - limping to the end of the season.
What a ride - Go Hawks!!!!
Steve