[Herky] Memorable game

Larry Edwards larryed6124 at knology.net
Sun Feb 17 14:51:59 PST 2019

Moss is a decent and athletic defender, certainly better than Bohannon. Fran tends to go with the hot hand. Moss was in at the end, as he should have been, leading the Big Ten in 3 point %. The problem is that when Moss is in, Bohannon has to take over most of the ball handling and can't cut or move without the ball as much. Conner McCaffery is not the shooting threat Moss is, but relieves Bohannon of all the ball handling, is partictularly effective at feeding the post, and has one of the best assist to turnover ratios in the Big Ten. You could put Moss at the 3 and Wieskamp at the 4, but you then are in a 4 guard lineup, and against the big rugged lineup of Rutgers, we needed two big men to compete effectively. Bohannon was very effective at the off guard in the second half. When Moss did come back in the second half, he took a bad shot, commited a bad foul resulting in a Rutgers three point play, then commited a turnover that led to a Rutgers layup. He then sat until near the end.