[Herky] Memorable game

Stephen Somermeyer steve at somermeyer.com
Sat Feb 16 17:45:27 PST 2019

Is becoming a magical season?  Think about the last 3 wins - last seconds or second.  Weiscamp kissing the backboard for the winning 3?
One of the pregame previews that I read pointed out that Rutgers hadn't won when the opponent scored 70 or more - guess what - the Hawkeyes scored 71 with Weiscamp's shot.Another point that the previews pointed out was that Rutgers was very good at defense in the paint but lousy at the 3-pt line.  Sure didn't look that way in this game.Iowa's help defense in the paint was really poor.  We gave up way too many offensive rebounds in the paint.  A couple of times Cook was positioning himself for a rebound rather than blocking out the opponent - guess what - he let an opposing player get the ball and put in a bunny.
Iowa was 'lucky' to  win - way too many turnovers and lousy interior defense BUT they won.  It's been a fun season and let's keep it going!
from Hoosier Country where the loyals want to fire their coach,
Go Hawks!
Steve