[Herky] Wisconsin 28 Iowa 17

Jeff Napier jnapier111 at outlook.com
Sun Sep 23 06:23:36 PDT 2018

I read Tom Moore's talk to the team the day before the game and he talked about how 4 or 5 plays will determine the game and that was really true in this game.

1. 4th & 1 at the 5 - I agree with going for it but not a QB sneak.

2. Punt fumble at 45 yard line - Iowa had all sorts of momentum.  Good chance they can score at least a FG. If nothing else it keeps the defense off the field and a little fresher in the 4th quarter

3. Beyer touching ball on punt - Led to easy TD for WI. That was the difference in the game.

4. Stanley missing a wide open TE that would have gone for 20+ yards in their series right before they punt to WI and WI drives the field to win.

Listening to Jon Millers post-game reaction - he gave the stats at the end of 3 quarters and Iowa was dominating.  But they did not turn the good offense into points and WI took advantage of the big Iowa mistake to score a TD. You have to give WI credit for the final drive and they went right down the field and took what Iowa gave them.