[Herky] Convince me otherwise

Larry Edwards larryed6124 at knology.net
Sun Sep 9 09:57:19 PDT 2018

Well we don't really have a second team quarterback right now, so we really can't have a quarterback controversy. If Tyler Wiegers had stayed perhaps we would. Wouldn't you like to have a quarterback with these statistics?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/3144983/tyler-wiegers

We only have 3 quarterbacks on scholarship and the other two are a red shirt Freshman and a true Freshman. Both Peyton Mansell and Spencer Petras look promising, but are they ready to play the game management system Iowa uses? The sad thing is this lack of a backup will probably happen again. As upperclassmen, whomever of Mansell or Petras does not start will probably transfer.