[Herky] Cordell Pemsl injury update

donelias at juno.com donelias at juno.com
Wed Nov 28 07:12:31 PST 2018

Cordell Pemsl injury update

Prior to Iowa’s win against Pittsburgh, the program announced that junior forward Cordell Pemsl would miss the rest of the 2018-19 season, because of a procedure to remove hardware from a previous surgery, one that he had in high school, according to a release.

McCaffery said after the game that Iowa would apply for a medical hardship.

Pemsl played in just one game this season. Appearing in the season-opening win over UMKC, Pemsl played 14 minutes, going scoreless. He grabbed 2 rebounds but finished with 2 turnovers and 2 personal fouls.

“After consulting with our training staff, it is determined that the best course of action is to correct the problem before returning to the court,” Pemsl said in a release. “Although I am disappointed that I will be unable to help the team on the court this season, I am confident in my teammates and will do everything I can to be a good teammate from the sidelines.”

Don Elias