[Herky] Leistikow: As Tyler Cook delays pro future, high expectations await at Iowa

Keith Voigts kvoigts at wisemanengine.com
Wed May 30 19:46:09 PDT 2018

If Cook improves his ball handling and his defensive intensity, he could develop into a serviceable NBA role player.  There are too many 6’9” pro’s that can shoot 35-40% from the pro three point line and run and gun like a point guard.  He must improve from 18’ even if he doesn’t show talent beyond the pro arc.  He has a lot of athleticism, and in my self-centered imagination of a legitimate evaluator, he will need two more years of college ball to get to where he has a chance in the NBA.

I’m wondering if he, and maybe even Moss, was really evaluating his chances to earn some $ in the G league while developing.  To me, that was the real decision.

IMNSHO, of course.

Keith Voigts