[Herky] NFL Draft

Keith Voigts kvoigts at wisemanengine.com
Wed Mar 7 14:58:30 PST 2018

I watched a lot of the NFL combine Monday for CB's and DB's, especially Josh
Jackson.  He ran 40's of something like 4.99 and 5.26, which wasn't bad
relative to the other 70-something participants.  He was criticized by the
announcers as having tight hips (I think that is a criticism) and seemed to
have trouble back-peddling and turning around, then back again.  A couple of
times they made him start over.  But he was praised for his great hands and
football instincts.  Generally, he was shown a lot of respect  by the
announcers.

According to Bleacher Report, Josh is going #10 to Oakland in their mock
draft.  James Daniels is also a first-rounder, going at #22.  Josey Jewell
drops to the last pick of the 3rd round at #100.  Three rounds of 32 = 96,
so go figure how they found 100 picks.

Keith