[Herky] Wrestling Recap - Pre Big Ten Tourney - Read only if you like wrestling!

Curtis Frazier cfrazier at ceoexpress.com
Mon Mar 5 12:53:50 PST 2018

Absolutely, June – absolutely.

Right now (this year) is just not our time. PSU has 5 out of 10 national champions returning this year. tOSU has 3 returning NCAA champions and a slew of great wrestlers (their best team ever IMHO), and Michigan has a tremendous team as well that has some great experience (probably at parity with us). 16 of the 20 B10 finalists came from these 3 programs (and will all be likely All Americans). We brought 1 senior and a slew of underclassmen to the dance. They performed as well as could be expected. Next year, we will be back in the mix.

As far as analogies, think football…..We are Alabama. An old dynasty who is always in the mix, but has streaks of success, with a few down years, but always up towards the top. Parity is starting to appear across the sport. Here is how I see the analogy (my opinions only):

FOOTBALL                 WRESTLING

Alabama                        Penn State (Now), but Iowa historically              Dynasty currently, so the best flock there. Historical dynasty as well

tOSU                             tOSU                                                                    Flashes of brilliance, and a steady at the top

Clemson                        Michigan                                                             Had a good year, but not long term sustained or a trend

PSU                               Iowa                                                                     Dynasty – having a good year, but in a conference with powerhouses. Will rise again

Notre Dame                  Oklahoma State                                                   Historical dynasty, but the brass has a little tarnish

FSU                               NC State                                                              Good and stays close to the top, but not cracking the top

Florida                           Missouri                                                               Good and in the fray, but not a top contender

GO HAWKS!!!!!