[Herky] Close but no cigar

Rick rneuf at netins.net
Fri Mar 2 12:22:40 PST 2018

I agree with you, Joe. I think Jordan has been hurt much more that we
thought.  That lack of a short jumper will keep Cook out of the draft and
will keep him at Iowa.  I am encouraged for next year. I think the 1, 4 and
5 are in good hands. We need help at 2 and 3 with Nunge showing promise and
a couple of good shooter coming in. When Jordan is 100% healthy I think he
will be fine at the point. Needs to play fewer minutes and we have recruited
well.

It is up to the coaching staff to light a fire under these guys to play
better defense, to trust more and I think a years maturity will do wonders
for all of them. This was a VERY young team and I saw flashes of a very good
team, but just flashes. Need more consistency and much better defense. Garza
will be the emotional leader and as he improves so will the tea,.

On to Football !

Rick