[Herky] It’s all about the D

Larry Edwards larryed6124 at knology.net
Sun Jan 28 07:21:44 PST 2018

"Huskers score school Big Ten-record points in 98-84 win"
"How bad was this defensively for Iowa? The Huskers’ point total was their most in seven seasons of Big Ten games. It was the most the Hawkeyes have allowed this season."
http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/hawkeyes/iowa-mens-basketball/more-leaky-defense-hawkeyes-drenched-by-nebraska-20180127

And Nebraska is not one of the Big Ten's better offensive teams. The worst Big Ten offensive team, Rutgers, often struggles to get to 50 points in a game, yet scored 80 against Iowa. A few years ago, we all complained about the lack of offensive production from Woodbury, Clemmons and Gesell, but their defense made up for it.