[Herky] 'There is none better': Iowa safety Brandon Snyder gives emotional farewell to Hawkeye fans, reveals future plans

Larry Edwards larryed6124 at knology.net
Wed Aug 1 15:18:17 PDT 2018

Pretty clearly something more happened that caused this.

BRANDON SNYDER'S FATHER SPEAKS CANDIDLY ABOUT HIS SON'S SUDDEN DEMISE AS AN IOWA FOOTBALL PLAYER
https://allhawkeyes.com/pages/story/details/2677

"It also caused Brandon to make some poor choices, some of which involved alcohol.

Tim acknowledged that Brandon has made some poor decisions, including recently, that not only tarnished Brandon’s image, but also the image of the Iowa football program. I told Tim what I knew and what was being said on social media and he said the circumstances weren't as bad the rumors that were being spread.

Whatever the case, the circumstances were bad enough to break a bond that was so strong at one time. It now seems apparent that Brandon did something recently to violate the trust of his teammates and coaches and that Iowa encouraged him to move on. "