[Herky] Fran McCaffery unplugged: In-depth with the Hawkeyes coach on what derailed Iowa's season

Keith Voigts kvoigts at wisemanengine.com
Mon Apr 16 13:06:24 PDT 2018

Gwen wants to unplug Fran's unplugged interview.

It's very simple to me.  Take away all the tech speak and you are left with
one big word-lack of effort (yogi speak).  Defense requires superhuman
effort.  Forget the X's and O's.  Without effort there is nothing.  Effort
resuts from conditioning, communication, understanding and all the other
buzz words.  I'm not saying why effort was so inconsistent, I'm just saying
it wasn't there much of the time.

Also, I agree with Fran's comments about 3 point shooting.  Even though the
offensive stats look good, the three's didn't come enough to allow the Hawks
to dominate.

Keith