[Herky] Fran McCaffery unplugged: In-depth with the Hawkeyes coach on what derailed Iowa's season

Jeff Napier jnapier111 at outlook.com
Mon Apr 16 10:10:37 PDT 2018

My theory on why Iowa's defense was so bad this year are youth and plantar fasciitis.  I don't think most of us realize how much the foot injury impacted Jordan's defense.  I don't know that he will ever be a great defender but I do think he can at least slow the other PG down. This last year they went by him like he was standing still.

Coaching can always be better but when they had Woodbury, Clemons, Uthoff, and Gesell they were not bad on defense. Did they forget how to coach defense over the last few years.