[Herky] 1 Leistikow: How much should Wadley, Jewell, Myers play vs. North Texas?

James Kusack kusack at cox.net
Thu Sep 14 08:30:43 PDT 2017

> None of Iowa’s second-team linebackers — Kevin Ward, Kristian Welch and Aaron Mends — has played this season, outside of special teams.

This is worrying isn’t it?

1. “Next man in” requires that backups have game expience.  Injuries and graduations are going to happen.

2.  The  spread offense is exhausting.  The ISU game ran approx four hours and the linebackers are asked to cover a lot of the field.  If they aren’t rested mistake will happen and injuries are more likely.

I hope is they can rest Jewell and his ailing ankle.

JMK

On Sep 14, 2017, at 11:02 AM, Larry Edwards <larryed6124 at knology.net> wrote