[Herky] PENN STATE GAME IS PROVING TO BE A TOUGH SELL DESPITE THE HYPE AND CIRCUMSTANCES

Craig B. craig.bancroft83 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 07:13:28 PDT 2017

I have been a high school and college football fan and coach my whole life,
but I know the dangers of the sport. Some people even liken it to the
"sport" of boxing. I don't buy that argument but I do know our awareness of
concussions, etc has exploded in recent years. We are seeing even high
powered programs like Iowa City West HS have some trouble getting enough
players to come out for football! The parents may be instrumental in ending
high school football at least and the biggest part of me finds that very
sad!