[Herky] Christian Williams to Transfer

Larry Edwards larryed6124 at knology.net
Fri Oct 27 07:04:04 PDT 2017

Note Fran did not mention either Dailey nor Moss in this earlier Media Day quote on point guard depth. Williams has struggled with injuries through out his career and was seen in a foot boot a month ago. Hw wants to play "closer to home" with Decatur 3.5 hours away? Andrew Francis on KCRG a week ago said Conner was still considering whether to redshirt. I think we are now in the "if we had to play him" scenario.

Though to play closer to home? Williams is from Decatur, Illinois, which is just over 3.5 hours from Iowa City.

Anyways, this leaves Iowa a bit thin at point guard, though perhaps leaves the door open for Connor McCaffery to burn his redshirt and get some playing time. It honestly seems like the most likely course of action.

Take this Fran quote about point guard depth from the team’s Media Day as you will:

We have plenty of candidates. Christian Williams is playing well; Brady Ellingson is playing well there; Connor is planning on redshirting. I mean, obviously if we had to play him we could. He's really a terrific player at that position, so we'll see. We've got plenty of options. I'm not worried about it at all.

https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2017/10/26/16555778/point-guard-christian-williams-to-transfer-iowa-basketball-hawkeyes-connor-mccaffery