[Herky] Well that sucked

Gwen Enokian gmcnhawkeye at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 07:32:39 PDT 2017

I would love to see that happen, June, but I don't see it.

Our offense is simply awful. Start with the offensive line; run blocking is
ineffective. We cannot get anything around the edges, so STOP calling the
reverses and these lateral passes received behind the line of scrimmage.
They don't work. The receivers are much better than last year but had a
terrible day yesterday with many many dropped passes. Stanley did not have
a great day but I am still optimistic about him if the coaches can develop
him. But he can't be successful without a good line. There is simply no
excuse for the poor line play. Poor recruiting, poor player development,
maybe even poor conditioning.

Speaking of conditioning, I am beginning to question ours. I see a lot of
hands on hips on a lot of players way too early in the game. In the second
half, when we should be dominating, we run out of gas.  Maybe Doyle is just
not that good anymore. Maybe the rhabdo thing should have told us that.

Special teams, other than placekicking, is awful. Gersonde's punting
better, but not great.  The punt returning is terrible. Don't we have a
coach who can teach this? Starting every offensive possession behind your
own 20 is not good, particularly when your O Line is weak.

Wish the defense had more of a pass rush but really have not much to
complain about them. Holding your opponent to 10 should be good enough. The
offense is the problem.

We had more fans than jNU yesterday. Loud, loyal fans. We deserve better
than the product put out there yesterday.

Gwen