[Herky] Men's BB

Bill Yost oldxbbc1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 09:22:59 PST 2017

June:

I am really showing my age here.  Watched Sharm's teams, along with
Ralph's, Ravelings Lute's. For me those were the most "fun and exciting".
Was at the field house when Mount went for 50 and the Hawks still won. Saw
the "Six Pack" go over 100 several times.  Was at games when Sam Williams
would be mentioned over the PA and the crowd would stand and cheer.  The
game has changed-players are more talented now from an offensive standpoint
and the Hawks have some talented offensive players.  But the present Hawks
do not rebound and from my perspective do not play a whole lot of team
defense.  Denying the wings and post is a lost art.
Hey, what do I know, I am just an old retired ex high school basketball
coach.  But from my perspective the defense (man to man) and rebounding are
lacking and it makes Iowa hard to watch at times.  I used to never miss a
game either in person or by watching tv.  Now, I can take it or leave it
and that is sad. I am taking the grandkids to the Purdue game in January
and I am afraid taking them out to eat on the way down will be the
highlight.  Hope I am wrong.