[Herky] TRANSCRIPT: Tom Brands Media Day Press Conference

Jeff Napier jnapier111 at outlook.com
Thu Nov 9 06:06:07 PST 2017

It sounds like a very real possibility that Spencer Lee will wrestle this year and not redshirt. I guess after Stoll  and recently Snyder came back in a similar time frame and then hurt the knee again I sure hope they do not bring him back too soon.  He is a very special wrestler and I would hate to see him get sidetracked with injuries.

I think Brands comments on recruiting are very interesting. There are a lot of very interesting conversations happening lately about how some programs are gaming the system to get past the 9.9 scholarship limit.  The main one seems to be how the NLWC (PSU) is paying off student loans after they graduate. This allows top wrestlers to come to PSU on a very small scholarship and thus allow PSU to sign a great number of the top guys.