[Herky] Iowa vs. Indiana

Dennis v dvanlangen at verizon.net
Thu Mar 9 15:18:47 PST 2017

Indiana has more turnovers than assists.  There aren’t too may teams that have an assist/turnover ratio under 1.0.  Iowa’s ratio is 1.26. Not great, but considering all the freshman, it’s pretty good.

I think Iowa will use defensive pressure to force as many turnovers as possible and to force bad shots.  Indiana doesn’t share the ball that well.  Both teams love the transition game, and if Indiana beats Iowa’s 3/4 court press and their quick guards get into the lane a lot, it could be a long night for the Hawkeyes.

I expect another tight and tense game.  I believe the D and rebounding will be keys.  And hopefully, Cook can stay out of early foul trouble.

Go Hawks!