[Herky] Bubble Watch

SRINIVAS REDDY hawkeye_fan at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 8 07:55:09 PST 2017

If Iowa somehow makes it to NCAA tournament then it will win a couple of games for sure and may even make it to Sweet Sixteen.  That is my prediction.

I always felt that we need sharp shooting guard play than can rain threes and we have a team that is doing it right now and is hot from outside.

Hope the shooting streak continues for a few more games..

The guard play is one of the reasons why the smaller-university/conference teams  do well and have huge upsets in the tournament.

Yes, Indiana worries me a little bit right but not very much.  When they played us at home we were coming off a three-game losing streak and with a low level of confidence.  I now see a bit of swagger in the team and that should carry us through.

Wisconsin is a poor three-point shot defenders and their frothing for revenge can be neutralized by the confidence we are playing with right now and it is on neutral court.  I predict an even better play from JB this time.

Does Ahmad wagner have small hands?  He does lose the ball from his hands quite frequently or gets it knocked off his hands easily.  He also misses a lot of baskets at the net/rim.

Cordell Pemsl does have a lovely pair of hands and his control of the ball is amazing.

I think he will be a star player for the next few years once his FT shooting improves.

If only Adam Woodbury had a similar offensive mindset.......

Excited for Hawkeyes Basketball!!!!