[Herky] Davis retires as OC

Rick Neufeld Rneuf at netins.net
Sat Jan 7 13:25:52 PST 2017

'need some receivers' has been the Davis cry since he got here. First 2
years we gave him a bye because it was not his recruits but after 5 years we
either can't recruit wide receivers or Davis can't develop what we have
recruited.

I am glad to see him retire 'on his own terms' rather that force a change.

Now we are back to 5 years ago . Who does Kirk tap to replace Davis and can
he work with the kids that are there or do we have another 2-3 year 'not his
recruits' for an excuse.

We need some burners with hands - it's been a while, and it's hard to
recruit those kids when they look at the Davis/Ferentz offense and two 1,000
yard rushers. Which comes first, more balance in the offense or receivers to
give us more balance ?

Rick