[Herky] College game starting to look a little like the pro game

Dennis v dvanlangen at verizon.net
Fri Jan 6 00:33:06 PST 2017

I’ve noticed the refs are really letting them play this year, especially tonight in the Iowa-Nebraska game.  There is an awful lot of shoving, bumping, hacks, grabs, etc. that are going uncalled in many cases. It appears to be fair distribution on both sides.  I think it was last year where they cracked down on hand checks and riding players on drives.  Even those rules seem to be enforced somewhat less this year.

I thought tonight’s game was very physical and I enjoyed it.  Both these teams are good and show a great deal of effort.  Iowa just made too many turnovers, but Nebraska kept Iowa in the game for 50 minutes because of poor rebounding at critical times, and poor FT shooting at critical times.