[Herky] Stuck with Fran

Stephen Somermeyer steve at somermeyer.com
Tue Dec 5 07:41:36 PST 2017

Last night was another discouraging game for the Hawkeyes at both ends of the court.  It was a game of big runs for both teams and Indiana had one more than Iowa.  I was a bit surprised that neither coach was eager to call a timeout to slow the momentum until the runs got to double digits.  Officiating was uneven at best for both teams.
I was optimistic for this year's team but perhaps I underestimated Peter Jok's value to the overall team performance.  This year's team seems leaderless most of the time and lacks a 'go to' guy who can deliver.  Haven't given up completely but they're in a bad spot right now.  The young big guys are getting a rude wake-up welcome to the Big Ten.
Go Hawks!