[Herky] Dave Long

Keith Voigts kvoigts at wisemanengine.com
Sat May 21 08:47:01 PDT 2016

This from Hawk Talk Daily:

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Fifty years after playing his final University of Iowa football game, Dave Long was presented his "I" Ring on May 12 at the Carroll Area I-Club. An emotional Long, who played defensive end and tight end, received his well-deserved ring from UI head coach Kirk Ferentz.

Dave played while I was in school.  One of the funniest things I ever saw at a football game was when Long was knocked silly during a play, got up staggered around and cold cocked with a right to the jaw of the first thing moving he saw—an official!  He was so out of it that I don’t think he was even punished.  The official got up and seemed to be all right.

It was hilarious.

Dave Long was one tough customer.

Keith L. Voigts, President

Wiseman Technologies, Inc.