[Herky] This is ugly..

Jerry Ruttenburg jruttenburg at msn.com
Tue Mar 22 09:26:01 PDT 2016

See below

 Jerry Ruttenburg

From: kvoigts at wisemanengine.com
To: herky at lists.herky.net
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:10:39 -0500
Subject: Re: [Herky] This is ugly..

Agree with all the comments.  BTW, is Oglesby II (aka Ellingson) injured or did he just play his way out of minutes? Moving along, please help me with this thought: Have you ever noticed that at times during games Coach Fran gets really worked up and loses his temper—his face gets all red and just cannot contain himself.  Sometimes it’s worth a technical or two.  He has a lot of passion and gusto and loses control when he really believes something is wrong with a call or non-call. He has not had a technical since early in the season.If he does that in games, what might practice be like?  Is it possible that yelling and screaming and butt chewing kind of gets old toward the end of a season and the players just tune out or rebel by showing they don’t care?  After all, if you work your butt out day after day and get screamed at day after day, what’s the point? Izzo screams at his player all the time, doesn't seem to keep them from winning a national championship.I may be way off, and practices may be totally different than what I described.  I have no evidence either way.  It’s just a theory.  Please help me out here. Remember, ages ago, Lute’s teams sometimes tanked in the NCAA.  It was like they all of a sudden got real nervous.  How can that happen after a year of relative success?  In the current situation, it seems like we hit a wall at 20 wins. I hope Coach Fran gets it together.  I like his style (when things are being executed), and he seems to be bringing in more athletic players.  Plus his sons appear to be really, really good……………………….. Keith Voigts From: Herky [mailto:herky-bounces at lists.herky.net] On Behalf Of Dennis v