[Herky] Coach's lawsuit assails Iowa AD's record on gender equality - Yahoo Sports

Jeff Napier jnapier111 at outlook.com
Tue Mar 8 04:42:20 PST 2016

I would tend to think that the lawyers at Iowa must not be too concerned about this or Iowa would not have given Barta the new contract they did. They would wait until this was settled.
I could also make the argument that it might help recruiting because they know the AD will stand up for the student athletes and will not allow allow a coach to abuse the players.
Jim your last statement makes no sense to me. You say that male recruits may not want to go to Iowa because cheating officials have mistreated female athletes (their peers). I have not seen any allegations that there was any mistreatment or cheating by officials against any athletes. What are you talking about?
Seems like it would be better to wait until all sides have been heard and the case is settled rather than making these types of statements based only on one side of the story.